Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Requisite Stencil



Pretty cool, huh?


Here's how I madet the stencil and print:

I traced the logo onto a transparency with sharpie



I cut it out

:

Then I painted it over the the stencil on piece of paper


After a few attempts, I managed to get a good print.


Total Time Elapsed: 45 minutes

I tried doing this with an old t-shirt, but if the background is even slightly darker than the paint, it looks terrible. Also, the shirt now wreaks of Xylene, and the inhalation of even small quantities of this chemical can cause all sorts of horrific symptoms. I will attempt screen printing next weekend.

3 comments:

Kael said...

wow. i was actually joking when i said make a stencil, but that is really cool. Also, before you try some screen printing we should come up with a funnier tag line.

Kael said...

holy crap that desk in the picture is mine!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you did that!