Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Camp II: Tales From the Picnic Grounds

Another day of summer camp has come and gone. The main difference between this day and the others was the weather. Yesterday, we had overcast skies and cold, windy weather. Today it was completely blue skies and uncomfortably hot. Mother Nature's having mood swings.
The highlight of the day, for both me and the campers, was the pirate ship jumpy. Complete with canons and a mast, it managed to slightly resemble a pirate ship. The campers, however, thought it would be a brilliant idea to crawl all over me inside the jumpy. Needless to say, I wasn't too keen about this course of action. I managed to get them off with my new method of instructing the campers, counting down from 10. Try it. It actually works pretty well.
Stay tuned for Summer Camp III, the last in this series, and also the last multipart post until further notice. Why no more multipart posts? Because we never finish them. I probably won't even finish this one. Talk about going out with a bang.

No comments: